Thursday, November 13, 2008

DAY 50 - we still haven't met her....

I wish I wouldn't have just counted the days but it has been 50 days since we received our referral. Another week has past with no good news. We are beginning to have our doubts that we will ever meet this referral. At this point we aren't even certain that we still have a referral.

This Tuesday our rep in Moscow provided, in writing, information on how our agency prepares adoptive families for Russian adoption. This was done per their request. They took the information and would not discuss anything else. They stated that next week they will talk about referrals and dossiers.

So, next Tuesday we are hoping to get some positive news. It is a helpless feeling not having any control over what happens. At this point we can only take things one day at a time.

2 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

I am sooo sorry! I know what it is like to have a government hold up your adoption, while looking at the picture of what could be and wondering if it will ever be reality! Praying for your travel (and ours!) to be approved! God Bless and HUGS!

Amy said...

I was sad to read your post this morning... I know that the waiting is the hardest part!

My thoughts are with you!

I hope that next week you receive your travel date...

hugs and best wishes!
Amy