Thursday, November 6, 2008

Another Week

There isn't any news on the adoption this week. We hope we hear something positive on Tuesday. It is a helpless feeling when you have no control over what happens. So, we pray and we keep hoping.

One good thing that came out of our cancelled trip is that we were here for Halloween. Connor had a ball this year. He was Dash from the incredibles. We had almost 200 trick or treaters. It was a record. We love to count the kids each year.

So, as we wait, I am trying to keep occupied. This weekend I am going to move some stuff out of A's room. No, we don't have a name picked out for her yet. A is the beginning initial of her Russian first name. The closet in her room is a decent size walk-in. I have been using it to store all of the holiday decorations along with other stuff. For now, I will clear out a section. I wonder how long it will be before she claims the whole closet? Tween or before??

Two other things I want to do-- Learn the cyrillic alphabet and get a Russian phrase CD. I was thinking if she is almost 3 she should have more language development than Connor (Connor was 26 months when he came home). Kids pick up language so quickly. The sad thing is that they lose their first language more quickly than they learn their new language. So, a few phrases in Russian will be good to use especially in transition.

Well, I hope the next post will bring some good news....

2 comments:

Amy said...

I was hoping that your blog would have some better news! :)
Have you tried the Russian and Ukrainian Phrases for children CD and phrase books?? They are REALLY good....

junglemama said...

Hope you get some good news soon!