Friday, August 1, 2008

What to do while waiting..

For the most part, I think most adoptions take longer than expected and with our switching countries ours will be longer than we thought. We are at 1 year, 1 month right now. Some days/weeks the waiting is not as difficult. Other times, you wonder if anything is going to proceed in a smooth, timely manner. So, rather than stress out and let every detail of the process drive me crazy, I am trying to focus on some projects. I have made a list of several things I want to get done. Some of them aren't too exciting or fun but will give a sense of accomplishment once they are complete. I also told myself to finish one project before moving on to the next. Here are a few things from my list.

  • Clean out and purge all closets starting with our bedroom. This is one I have really put off but I know will make me feel lighter once complete.
  • Sort though outgrown toys and make a pile to donate or sell at a garage sale.
  • Start on decorating the new baby girl room. This will be a fun one to do. I'm not going to get in a hurry with this but just do it a little at a time. Once we meet our daughter to be and are between trips, all the details will be finished.
  • Have a garage sale in the spring.
  • Last but not least I need to finish Connor's life book. This will be fun too. It has been hard to find a starting point. I may purchase a book to guide me. I love being creative but sometimes I need some inspiration/ideas.

So, there it is. For all to see. No excuses now....

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi Christine and Darren!
So glad that you started a new blog! It will be nice to read about adoptions from a place other than Ukraine (at least for me!)...
I hope that things speed up with the paper chase and that you can go over and get your girl soon!

Would you mind if I posted a link to your blog on mine?

Take care!
Amy