Friday, August 22, 2008

Moving forward

Our home study approval came in last week. We had to get separate approval from the state before it was sent for our I171H. So, we made a mad dash and got all our documents apostilled and sent to our agency. It was a relief to get this all complete, finally.

Now we are waiting to see which region is moving along the best before we register our dossier.

I was a little impatient to get it registered but I understand why we should wait. Most of the regions shut down for vacations in July/August.

It has also been nerve racking with the conflict with Russia and Georgia and how adoptions might be affected. Hopefully things settle down and nothing changes.

Life goes on. Connor had his 5th birthday. I can't believe how big he is getting. I had my gallbladder out and have been recovering for 2 weeks. I'm feeling pretty good. Better here than in a hospital in Russia!

No comments: