Friday, October 10, 2008

Getting Ready to Travel....
It is amazing how much one can get done when there is an approaching deadline. I had posted a list a post or two back and I am happy to report that I have cleaned out some closets and sorted through a lot of things. I am having garage sale next weekend. It is pretty late in the season but I don't want to have all the stuff around the house all winter (especially since our family is going to grow before then).

I have to say, packing for a week travel to Russia is much different than packing for a month or longer travel to Ukraine. I think we can make due without things for a week.

For those of you who don't know, with Russia you go over and meet/accept your referral formally. Then you come back home, prepare more paperwork and wait to hear when your court date is scheduled. Then, you travel back to Russia (in our case Moscow City) and hold court. There is a 10 day mandatory wait after court (just like Ukraine). After that you get passports and visas for the child and come home.

Another interesting fact is that Connor is from Kharkiv Ukraine which is 25 miles from Russia's border. I haven't been able to find out exact mileage to Moscow but it looks to be about 500 miles on the map.

4 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Thanks for stopping by, we are still waiting for official submission (that's why we needed updated Tb tests last week!) Despite adopting a 15 year old girl with missing limbs, we are still having difficulty getting submitted...So glad to see your progress! It looks like your change to Russia was the right one for you! God Bless!

April and Daniel said...

I hope you have a good trip. email me
marrazzoapril@comcast.net

Another Moscow City Family

April & Dan

PattiL said...

Hey, I just read your message to me on my blog. Try this email - Plesko99@mail.com
Let me know when and were you are staying at! Hope we can meet up!
PAtti

Amy said...

Yep - I bet packing IS a ton easier! One week seems like nothing compared to the lifetime spent in Ukraine!! hehe!
So glad to hear that you are getting all organized and ready! I can't wait to hear more and see the pictures!

Take care!
Amy